Help professionals and families you serve learn how our media culture benefits and harms children's school readiness and success. Developed by the National Institute on Media and the Family, this updated version of the MediaWise education program provides critical information to parents in three activity-packed sessions.
|As a MediaWise Leader you will:||Parents in a through-U program will:|
|Learn how to deliver the training to parents, step-by-step.||Learn by participating in useful and fun activities in a supportive setting.|
|Experience the activities as parents would.||Learn techniques to help support healthy media habits for their family.|
|Receive a complete kit with everything you need to engage parents.||Gain confidence in their knowledge about how media habits can help or hurt their child's behavior.|
|Have access to on-line resources and downloads to support your work with parents.||Learn how to help their children monitor their own media environments.|
The complete program kit contains materials to deliver the three-session through-U
Program to 25 participants. You receive:
- The Ambassador's Guide: The three-session through-U Program with everything you need to lead a program
- An educational DVD that features four videos for use in the training sessions including Brain Power, Barney vs Power Rangers, and Jolts & Tricks.
- Six session activity sheets for 25 participants
- Sets of 25 tip brochures titled: Mind Games, Internet Safety, 12 Tips to Tame the Tube, and Tot Smart
- One set of 5 promotional posters for use in your meeting room or to advertise your session